SingHealth Flow Cytometry is available not only to SingHealth laboratories, but to all local and international researchers. Other than having cytometers in the lab, SingHealth Flow Cytometry also has basic lab equipment which researchers may use for sample preparation.
View the Flow Cytometry brochure here.
To access the list of SingHealth Core Platforms Equipment, click here.
To view the price list for services provided by Flow Cytometry, click here (only viewable by SingHealth staff with Intranet access)
Resources and Capabilities
Flow Cytometry is equipped with state of the art cytometers – 2 cell analysers and also a flow cell-sorter:
- BD LSRFortessa™
Lasers - 355nm, 405nm, 488nm, 561nm, 633nm
18 colors – 3-UV, 6-Violet, 2-Blue, 4-Yellow-Green, 3-Red
- BD™ LSR II
Lasers - 405nm, 488nm, 561nm, 633nm
12 colors - 2-Violet, 2-Blue, 5-Yellow-Green, 3-Red
- BD FACSAria™ III
Encased in Biosafety Cabinet
Lasers – 355nm, 405nm, 488nm, 561nm, 633nm
18 colours – 7-UV-Yellow Green, 6-Violet, 2-Blue, 3-Red
Some common applications of flow cytometry regularly performed here include:
- Expression studies (eg. through use of flurochrome-conjugated antibodies or fluorescent proteins)
- Cell cycle analysis
- High purity flow sorting for both live or fixed samples (2 to 4-way tube collection, multi-well plates)
Flow Cytometry offers the following services:
- Self-operated analysis
- Staff-assisted or drop-off service
- Training for end users who will gain the proficiency to execute their analyses independently.
- Staff-operated cell-sorting services for both live and fixed biological samples
- Analysis workstation (installed with Flowjo analysis software,Version 7 or 10)
Laboratory equipment at Flow Cytometry welcomes after-office usage and can be arranged with the core platform. For enquiries and further information on the services offered, please contact email@example.com