SingHealth Flow Cytometry services have been successfully serving all SingHealth laboratories, as well as local and international researchers, for more than four years. The core platform is equipped with three flow cytometers, mainly for cell analysis and a high-end flow cell sorter, with different optical configurations which cater for most flow cytometry-based applications. The platform further strives to promote flow cytometry through periodic workshops and seminars.
View the Flow Cytometry brochure here.
To access the list of SingHealth Core Platforms Equipment, click here.
Full Service List & Prices
The flow cytometric assays offered by the Core aims to provide the community of researchers with a wide breadth of high-valued services. Interested users can find a comprehensive list of services and prices through the below link:
External Academic Institutions (request via E-mail)Commercial Partners
- SingHealth Duke-NUS AMC Users
Resources and Capabilities
Flow Cytometry is equipped with state of the art cytometers – 2 cell analysers and also a flow cell-sorter:
- BD LSRFortessa™
Lasers - 355nm, 405nm, 488nm, 561nm, 633nm
18 colors – 3-UV, 6-Violet, 2-Blue, 4-Yellow-Green, 3-Red
- BD™ LSR II
Lasers - 405nm, 488nm, 561nm, 633nm
12 colors - 2-Violet, 2-Blue, 5-Yellow-Green, 3-Red
- BD FACSAria™ III
Encased in Biosafety Cabinet
Lasers – 355nm, 405nm, 488nm, 561nm, 633nm
18 colours – 7-UV-Yellow Green, 6-Violet, 2-Blue, 3-Red
Some common applications of flow cytometry regularly performed here include:
- Expression studies (eg. through use of flurochrome-conjugated antibodies or fluorescent proteins)
- Cell cycle analysis
- High purity flow sorting for both live or fixed samples (2 to 4-way tube collection, multi-well plates)
Flow Cytometry offers the following services:
- Self-operated analysis
- Staff-assisted or drop-off service
- Training for end users who will gain the proficiency to execute their analyses independently.
- Staff-operated cell-sorting services for both live and fixed biological samples
- Analysis workstation (installed with Flowjo analysis software,Version 7 or 10)
Laboratory equipment at Flow Cytometry welcomes after-office usage and can be arranged with the core platform. For enquiries and further information on the services offered, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org