We are well-positioned to offer services to support pharma-sponsored as well as investigator-initiated early Phase I and II clinical trials in close collaboration with the SingHealth Investigational Medicine Unit. These include providing scientifically sound consultation on clinical study design, generating bio-analytical and pharmaco-kinetics/-genetics data and analysis of results. These will be executed in a seamless flow to efficiently achieve the objectives of the studies.
As we provide support to clinicians and clinician-scientists in the area of clinical pharmacology research at SingHealth, we strive to understand the pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of therapeutic agents and their influence on clinical outcomes in Asian populations. This would allow for better treatment regimens and strategies to be developed, which would in turn promote safer and more effective use of medications and improve patient care, which makes it a vital part of the pursuit of academic medicine in SingHealth.
To view the brochure of Clinical Pharmacology, please click here.
For a list of SingHealth Core Platforms Equipment, click here.
With our dedicated team of scientists, we also specialize in providing support to a broad range of services at all stages of drug development as well as personalized delivery of therapeutics into the clinics. The facility is equipped with cutting-edge instrumentation, including:
- 5500 QTRAP LC-MS/MS System
- Applied Biosystems 7500F Real-Time PCR
- Perkin Elmer EnSpire Multimode Microplate Analyser
The facility is geared towards compliance with international GLP guidelines and will incorporate accredited units in the coming quarters to support drug discovery and clinical development programs.
Portfolio of Services
Quantitative bio-analytical services:
The facility delivers bio-analytical services which aim to support pre-clinical drug discovery and clinical development programs.
- Development and validation of bio-analytical assays
- Bio-analytical reports generation
- Therapeutic drug monitoring
- Metabolite identification and profiling
Pharmacokinetics/pharmacodynamics (PK/PD) modelling and simulation:
We offer several services to support the conduct of PK studies in different phases of drug development, ranging from early ADMET phase to early phase clinical trials to drug-drug interaction studies and clinical pharmacokinetic profiling of drugs.
- Design of early phase clinical trials
- Pre-clinical and clinical pharmacokinetics modelling and analyses
- Bioavailability and bioequivalence studies
- In vivo characterization of drug-drug interactions
- Generation of study reports
The facility provides the following range of services to effectively translate and integrate pharmacogenetics/genomics into drug development programs and clinical practice.
- DNA extraction from various biological matrices
- DNA sequencing & SNP discovery
- Genotype-phenotype association analysis
- Pharmacogenetics-based functional studies in in vitro and in vivo models
Storage of clinical samples:
Available in our facility are 4°C fridges, minus 20/80°C freezers and liquid nitrogen storage tanks to store your precious clinical trials’ samples.
- Storage of plasma samples and blood components including genomics DNA and WBCs
- Storage of tissue samples from clinical trials
Pharmacology-related knowledge and training:
In order to broaden the understanding of clinical pharmacology and its applications in clinical practice, we provide the platform to enhance this knowledge among the research and medical communities.
- Advice on grant applications pertaining to clinical pharmacology of drugs
- Support the training of clinicians & clinician-scientists on the relevance of clinical pharmacology in the management of patients
- Training of academic interns
For More Information
Director: Prof Balram Chowbay
Interested parties may contact the core platform at firstname.lastname@example.org or 65767096, following which a consultation will be provided to discuss and define the project goals, design, implementation and costs.