Research leads to cures
Even though cancer today is not the killer disease it used to be, we cannot lose sight of the efforts that past generations have put in to support medical research in order to make this happen. This is why we have to continue investing in research for better diagnostic tools, treatments and cures so that our children and future generations can enjoy long, healthy lives.
Research driven by the West does not answer many of the questions our doctors see in the local population. We have different disease burdens and treatment priorities. At SingHealth, we regard research partnerships as a crucial step in reaping results that benefit our patients.
One such collaboration would be the academic medicine partnership shared between SingHealth and Duke-NUS Medical School
– together we build on our strengths in education and research to discover new treatments and cures that help our patients lead long, healthy lives.
Now you have the opportunity to inspire, support and enable clinician-scientists to discover new cures.
- Every dollar helps : Be it small or large, your donation goes towards building research programmes that accelerate the speed of discovery, ensuring fast delivery of better treatments and cures to patients.
- Make a difference : Medical centres that actively engage in research provide better care to patients. By offering SingHealth doctors the opportunity to discover better ways to treat their patients helps our institution to keep the best and brightest scientific minds in public healthcare.
- Give hope to the community : Your gift will introduce for opportunities to doctors, encouraging them to investigate the requirements of medical care. More clinical trials also offer more hope for patients in search of effective treatment(s) and cure(s).
- Enjoy 2.5x tax reduction : Singaporean tax-resident individuals and corporations enjoy a tax deduction of 2.5 times the value of their gift in their tax assessment. The Inland Revenue Authority of Singapore allows you to carry forward any unused deductions for up to five years.
- Shape tomorrow’s medicine : The care we are receiving today has been made possible by the perseverance and commitment of past generations. Therefore, to ensure that our children, grandchildren and future generations can continue to benefit from the best possible care, make a gift today.
Your generous support allows us to define tomorrow’s medicine.
For more information on how to make a gift today
To make a donation, please complete one of these two forms:
Or contact SingHealth Development Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or +65 6377 8765.
Aside from monetary donations, our early phase clinical trials unit, SingHealth Investigational Medicine Unit (IMU), also seeks healthy volunteers to participate in our clinical trials. Most trials at IMU investigate potential new treatments and tests, such as biomarkers. Rest assured that all clinical trials are reviewed by Centralised Institutional Review Board (CIRB) to ensure that volunteers’ interests and safety are protected.